Latinos@VMware Social Justice Fund
In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, our Latino POD wants to benefit the broader Latino community during this very challenging time. Our livelihoods depend on essential workers during this pandemic. Latinos are three times as likely to contract COVID-19 as our Latino community is often in the frontlines. Our fund supports Latino essential workers impacted by COVID-19 and four other important social justice causes, including:
1. Latino Community Foundation, 'Love Not Fear Fund' to help Latino essential workers impacted by COVID-19.
2. AltaMed Foundation, 'La Linterna’ program provides primary care and trauma-focused mental health resources to kids separated from their families at the border. The team is seeking to double the number of kids they serve.
3. Latinas in Tech supports Latinas internationally to thrive, innovate and lead in tech as well as those pursuing a career in tech.
4. Hispanic Scholarship Fund gives scholarships to Latino college student and is also the nation’s largest non-profit organization supporting Latinos pursuing higher education. HSF helped at least two of our VMware employees pay for college.
5. United Latinos is a community organizing network committed to building power for the poor and marginalized through conversations about equity issues and exploration of the issues that can benefit those historically marginalized.
We at VMware have an awesome community of change makers. Let’s come together as a VMware family to make change and support the Latino community through this very difficult time. Please make a one-time contribution or set it up as monthly contribution and support our Latinos@VMware Social Justice Fund. Thank you!